12 cazuri cand folosim prepozitia Of
Prepozitia of este unul dintre cele mai folosite cuvinte din limba Engleza, alaturi de articolul hotarat si nehotarat. Pe langa alte prepozitii care arata o anumita relatie cu celelalte cuvinte, ”of” este foarte important pentru a ne exprima corect in limba Engleza.
Cele mai importante situatii cand folosim ”Of”
Ti-am pregatit mai jos, cele mai importante situatii cand folosim ”of” ca propozitie:
Relatia dintre cuvinte in aceeasi propozitie
Folosim prepozitia ”Of” pentru ca arata legatura dintre doua cuvinte, faptul ca ceva apartine cuiva de are legatura cu altceva in cadrul aceleiasi propozitii. Ex
- The secret of this game is that you can never win.
- The highlight of the show is at the end.
- The first page of the book describes the author’s profile.
- After the rain, we all could admire the colours of the rainbow.
Posesia cu OF
Putem exprima posesia cand este vorba de obiecte dar si persoane, in anumite cazuri. De obicei, cu persoane, folosim ” ‘s” pentru a arata ca ceva aprtine unei persoane.
- The house of my father is really close to the beach.
- My father‘s house is really close to the beach.
- Don’t touch it. That’s the bag of my friend’s sister.
I always dreamed of being rich and famous.
Folosim ”of” pentru referinta
- I got married in the summer of 2000.
- This is a picture of my family.
- I got a discount of 10 percent on the purchase.
Numar, cantitate + Of
Putem exprima numarul, cantitatea si suma folosind prepozitia Of, cu ajutorul expresiilor:
a number of, a couple of, a minority of, a majority of, hours, minutes of, seconds
- A number of stars have been discovered recently.
- I drank three cups of oat milk at breakfast.
- A large number of people gathered to protest.
- I had only two/ a couple of hours of sleep during the last two days.
- He got a perfect score of 10 on his writing assignment.
- 15 minutes of meditation can help you during the day.
- A minority of Hungarians live in that region.
Cu expresii: Lots of/a lot of A great deal of
- Lots of people meet here for the first time.
- He eats a lot of food during this intensive training.
- I have found lots of interesting new words in that book.
- It takes a great deal of practice and real hard work to become this good.
Caracteristici, aspect, calitati exprimat prin folosirea lui Of
Folosim ”Of” cu anumite caracteristici, aspect sau calitati:
- We were impressed by the size of the building.
- I love the colour of the sky
- I don’t remember the name of the street.
- I remember the smell of grass in that garden.
Folosim ”of” pentru a exprima un anume lucru care are legatura cu ceva mai general:
- I had a feeling of duty towards him.
- She seemed to like the idea of having children.
- That was the month of June
- The Coloseum was built in the city of Rome
- My cousin has the annoying habit of questioning everything I say.
Varsta, cantitatea sau valoarea
Exprimam varsta, cantitatea si valoarea ceva sau cineva folosind Of:
- She met Charles at the age of 20.
- She was a young girl of no more than 14.
- My sister earns a salary of fifty thousand pounds a year.
- Teachers have been asking for a pay rise of 10 per cent.
Arata cine sau ce face actiunea
”Of” este folosit cu substantive pentru a exprima actiuni care spun cine sau ce anuma face actiunea:
- One could hear shouts of really angry protesters.
- This is clearly the work of more than one person.
- They were there at the arrival of our train
Poti folosi ”of” pentru a arata posesia sau legatura dintre obiecte:
- The leg of the chair is broken.
”Of” impreuna cu pronume si adverbe de cantitate:
all, most, almost, many, much, a few, a little, one, two, three,.., both, several, some, any
- All of the students enjoy these classes. (Talking about a specific group of students.)
- Many of the stores in town will be closed on the holiday.
Prepozitia Of folosita impreuna cu adjective:
Adjectiv impreuna cu Of
Unele adjective care provin din verbe. Acestea se folosesc cu of pentru ca isi pastreaza aceasta prepozitie si ca adjective.
Accused of – acuzat de
She has been accused of theft.
Afraid of – speriat de
What are you afraid of?
Are you afraid of spiders?
Ashamed of – rusinat de
He is not ashamed of what he did then.
Aware of – constient de
Are you aware of the risks of the job?
Capable of – capabil sa
You are capable of anything as long as you believe it.
Clever of – istet, destept
How clever of you to think of that when they asked you about your job.
Certain of – sigur de
He was quite certain of certain things.
Conscious of – constient de
She’s very conscious of the risks involved but she’s very brave.
Fond of -pasionat de
In time, he grew quite fond of her and asked her to marry him.
Free of – liber de
It was several weeks before he was completely free of pain.
Generous of – generos din partea lui
It was generous of him to offer to pay for us both.
Frightened of – speriat de
What are you frightened of?
Full of – plin de
His bookshelf is full of books.
Guilty of – vinovat de
The jury found the defendant not guilty of the offence.
Hopeful of- sperand ca
She is hopeful of returning to work soon.
Innocent of – nevinovat de
She is innocent of any wrongdoing.
Envious of -invidios pe
They were envious of his success.
Jealous of -gelos pe
She’s jealous of my success.
Made of – facut din
The house was made of wood with an iron roof.
Nervous of – nervos/ emotionat
He had been nervous of inviting us.
Nice of – frumos din partea
It was nice of you to bring her a present on her birthday.
Proud of – mandru de
His father was proud of him for not giving up.
Rid of -scapa de
They got rid of that old car a soon as they arrived.
She is scared of going out alone.
Selfish of- egoist din partea lui
It’s very selfish of him to just expect his wife to do all the childcare.
Sick of – naiv din partea
I’m sick of the way you’ve treated me all this time.
How silly of me to expect them to help us!
Suspicious of – suspicios pe
They became suspicious of his strange behaviour and called the police.
Sure of – sigur de
I hope you are sure of what you are saying.
Stupid of- stupid
It’s stupid of her to go out there all by herself.
Tired of- obosit/ satul de
I’m sick and tired of all these stupid arguments.
True of -adevarat
Parents of young children often become depressed, and this is especially true of single mums.
Typical of – tipic
This kind of hot and spicy food is very typical of the food in India.
Unkind of – neplacut
It was unkind of her to take his toys away.
Clever of -destept
How clever of you to buy chocolate cakes – they’re my favorite dessert.
Substantive urmate de of
In charge of – avand responsabilitatea de a
We are in charge of the party arrangements.
In danger of – In pericol de
You are in danger of being robbed.
In favor of -in favoarea
He is in favor of the new law.
Kind of – un fel de
A crane is a kind of bird with very long legs and neck.
Verbe cu Of
Of urmeaza dupa anumite verbe si expresii verbale in limba Engleza.
Iata cele mai importante verbe si expresii verbale care sunt urmate de prepozitia of:
- The dog died of old age.
- I don’t approve of killing or torturing animals.
- The soap smell of roses.
- The man was accused of stealing.
- I dream of a clean planet and happy people.
- I’ve heard of new students coming in.
- Pizza consists of bread, cheese, tomato sauce and vegetables.
- Take care of my fish while I’m away!
- Don’t think of failure! Focus on success!
- He got out of the house quickly.
- They got rid of the get away car after the robbery.
- They made fun of the situation.
- We have run out of bread.